Dr. Ajay Kumar Jain
An Undergraduate and Postgraduate student of Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi-110002 with a very good academic record. He joined the same institution in 1978 as a senior resident and in 1986 as faculty member in the Department of Physiology. During the forty years of service he has had a meritorious career throughout till date.
Dr. A.K. Jain is a well known academician and outstanding scholar in the field of Physiology, a branch of medicine. He has been deeply involved with the development of quality of medical education. He has also worked with other institutes of repute like A.I.I.M.S and Lady Hardinge Medical College New Delhi. He has the unique distinction of being honoured with many prestigious awards. he has authored as many as 73 books with 29 titles since 1996 in the subject of Physiology and on basic sciences for many level of students in health related profession viz. M.B.B.S., M.D., Dentistry, Nursing, Occupational and Physical therapy, Homeopathy, Pharmacy, BPO (Bachelor Degree of Prosthetics and Orthotics) and BASLP (Bachelor of Audiology, Speech and Language Pathology).
Some of the worth mentioning awards are:
- Alumnus award 2013 by MAM college, New Delhi for outstanding contribution to the growth in the field of Physiology in India (2014).
- Recognizing Excellence in Education for Most Inspiring Educational Author by ASSOCHAM,
India by former Union cabinet minister and Governor Assam and Tamil Nadu Sh. Bhishma Narain Singh (2012).
- An Expert member of selecting faculty positions in Physiology for various U.P. Medical Colleges by Public Service commission, Allahabad, U.P.
- Awarded with Fellowship by the Society of Biological Scientists of India in recognition of outstanding contribution towards the promotion
and development of Medical and Biological Sciences at the National and International level (2011).
- Honoured as Member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (India)-MNAMS in recognition of significant contribution for the advancement of Medical Sciences (2010).
- State Award for the year 2008-09 by the Government of NCT of Delhi by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Delhi Mrs. Shiela Dikshit (2010).
- Awarded for providing Best Medical Services by Hon’ble Sh. Ram Jethmalani, Cabinet Law Minister (2001).
Besides publishing a number of papers in various scientific journals, he has authored as many as 73 books with 29 titles since 1996 in the subject of Physiology and on basic sciences for many level of students in health related profession viz. M.B.B.S., M.D., Dentistry, Nursing, Occupational and Physical therapy, Homeopathy, Pharmacy, BPO (Bachelor Degree of Prosthetics and Orthotics) and BASLP (Bachelor of Audiology, Speech and Language Pathology).
He is one of the pioneers in the field of Physiology, providing simple and clear approach towards basic sciences. He has also brilliantly provided simple answers to complex concepts for general awakening of health related problems for the common man.
He has nurtured around one lakh health related professionals during the last forty years. He has been a quiet driving force, motivating them and helping them to take their initial crucial steps in the field of medicine. The health that the society enjoys is the result of hard and sincere efforts by doctors like A.K. Jain.
- Dr. A.K. Jain was felicitated by degree MNAMS (2010) by National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
Dr. A.K. Jain has authored over 73 booksList of Books